Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Family Time

The weekend before last Jen and I took separate vacations to visit our respective families before we leave the country for three months! I went to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan to visit my mother's side of the family. My Grandma put me up for the weekend and was my official social coordinator. She kept me busy with visits to a variety of relatives. On Saturday we headed out to the family farm where we helped plant some trees, and then I went quad-ing with my uncle and cousin. This was my first time on a quad, so it all had to be explained to me. I was a bit jerky as I kept forgetting to throttle down when shifting gears! Since none of the fields have been planted yet, we could go pretty much anywhere. In the winter with the fields covered in snow it would be even more fun. My uncle said his friend calls this the "last freedom"; the ability to go wherever one wants, with no fences, paths, or solid yellow lines. With the wide open fields and blue sky it was beautiful, and very similiar to sailing. I love being on the ocean because of the openness and sense of freedom it gives me; the chance to get away from everything and experience nature.

On Sunday we went golfing for Mother's Day. I borrowed my aunt's clubs which are about 8 inches too short. It was a good lesson in "bend your knees"! We didn't see too much of the fairway, as we were busy in the woods and water traps, but it was a fun game none the less. Thanks relatives for a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment