Friday, November 12, 2010

New Friends at the Children's Development Centre

Jen here,

This week I was fortunate enough to be paired with two classes of students as part of the Adopt an Athlete program.  Their teacher, Melanie, welcomed me to the school where I spent an afternoon meeting with the students and explaining the sport of sailing.  All of the students were enthusiastic, asked great questions, and were eager to share their own stories about boating in general.  To say the least, I'm officially stoked at the opportunity to forge a relationship with the Development Centre, and make some new friends with the students. 

I will, however, have to control my urge to recruit them all onto the Royal Vic Opti Sailing team!

This weekend we'll be training each day with coach Dave Hughes, as one of our last major training camps before Christmas.  There are three teams training, and we're all keen to get out for some solid time on the water before the cold sets in for winter. We'll keep you updated as the weekend progresses.

Cheers,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment